Is Addiction a Disease?
Recently I interviewed Dr Bill Pettit and asked a few really prominent questions that people have in the world of addiction. Some of the topics we covered were
- Is it useful to look to the past for answers?
- The Brain (hardware) vs The Mind (firmware)
- Why do people state behavioural change as useful but hard?
- Tools & Techniques to manage vs understanding how the mind works
- Are we really powerless over alcohol / drugs?
- Is abstinence a goal for recovery from addiction?
- What is meant by spiritual awakening?
- Is the opposite to addiction, really connection? And how?
- What does it mean to be at peace?
- Recovery Coaching
If you would prefer to read the article expanding on the interview watch it here Uk Addiction Treatment – Is Addiction Really a Disease